But I thought I would tell you all the 30 things I am thankful today on this thankful day. While many dedicated bloggers were able to do a once a day post, I'm not that dedicated, nor could I remember to post once a day for 30ish days. So today, you get a list. I love lists. I'm probably going to be thankful for them too. Watch out...it might get crazy all up in here.
Of course there will be some things that are sentimental, but since I am pretty sarcastic and watching the parade on tv, which PS, the big headed pilgrims freak me out, just a bit, most things won't be serious.
We'll go with the serious things first:
1. Tony: He's pretty great. He deals with my crazy moments, makes me laugh, is the best
|"You're going to write about this on your blog, aren't you?" Yep.|
|Missing a babe....this picture was taken this year and is already outdated!|
4. My High School friends. I'm pretty lucky that I'm still as close to those girls, and maybe even closer than when we were in high school. These girls know my ins and outs, can tell when I'm up or down and even when we don't see each other that often, we pick up right where we left off.
5. My college friends. (Yes, I have two friend categories) These girls saw me grow up in college. They not only lived with my crazy, they probably added to it, as I added to theirs. These group of girls have just started the waves of babies and I'm so excited to see them grow as moms. Plus I am excited to tell their kids, "Back when your mom was at K-State...."
6. Tyson. Of course I would include this guy. He's made our lives fun. Not only is he always excited when you come home, whether you've been gone for two days or two hours, but he's a great protector. Obviously when prompted, cause if that guy is sleeping, he doesn't get up for anything.
|Yes you love me. Even when I do try and smother you in your sleep.|
|So tiny they all are. But at least they're not poking out each others eye balls or sitting on my head.|
9. My brothers. As crazy as they are, they would do anything to protect me, unless they are ganging up on me. They made some pretty cute kids and they taught me about football, how to give an Indian burn and way too many dirty jokes. Sorry mom.
10. My sisters - in - law. I'm lucky to have three - two of which deal with my brothers, a huge job in itself, and the other who teams up with me at family dinners. They all made pretty cute boys that I get to spoil.
11. Coffee. I love coffee. It tastes great, and helps me get a caffeine fix.
12. My job. Although there are some days that are little more stressful than others, I'm lucky to work for an organization trying to make a difference. Plus I've met some great friends there.
(um, pause....Sister Act just came on the parade and Whoopi looks way different on Broadway)
13. I'm thankful for my health. Although I had a minor scare earlier this year, I have legs that help me run, walk and chase little monkeys.
|I am actually moving here....shocking I know, but it's true. I also died after this.|
15. Billy Synder and K-State football. My love for my team goes deep, and I probably subconsciously buy purple everything to make sure I support them year round.
16. Nail polish. Yes, I'm getting to the sillier things now, but doing something girly makes me happy.
17. Leggings. While it took me a while to get into this trend, I'm thankful that these comfy pants help me as I'm about to indulge in some Thanksgiving goodness.
18. A garage. Seeing Tony scrape off his car on chilly mornings makes me thankful that I have a roof over Ted. And thankful that Tony lets me park in the garage.
19. Our house. While there are somethings that I wish I could change, I'm thankful that Tony and I can afford to put a roof over our heads and live with heat, running water and comfort.
20. Toilets. Yes... for the girl who has to use the bathroom 74 times a day, toilets make me happy. I'm not sure how I would deal with Life on the Prairie style outhouses.
21. Inhalers. Thank you for being there for me when I feel like my lungs are about to pop out of my chest.
22. Photography. It makes me happy and I am excited to get out there and work on my own. Luckily for me, I have some little ones to practice on.
23. My education. I've been able to expand my knowledge with great schooling. Granted, not all of it sticks and I forget about some history, but I can type, put letters together to form words and make this blog for you. You're welcome.
24. Blogging. It makes my nosy side so happy to learn about crafting, how people train for half marathons and marathons, and read funny stories about their kids.
25. Dry shampoo. This whole working out thing throws my non-washing hair days for a loop. Plus it helps my lazy side when I really don't want to do my hair.
26. Razors. (Yes, this would be for my brothers) These little suckers are awesome. End of story.
27. Food. It helps fuels my body, tastes good when other people cook it, and helps me not be a cranky pants.
28. Parades. I'm thankful that other people will dress as clowns, in Barbie shorts and other ridiculous costumes to make life a little happier.
29. Crate and Barrel. There is nothing better than that store. And yes, it's very materialistic, but I don't care. I heart it.
30. Finally, I'm thankful that you read the rest of this post. Thank you for reading my ridiculous thoughts and letting me write things that most people probably wouldn't write - or think of.
|Happy Turkey Day to you!|