Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Fighting with Mr. Postman

I want to apologize for the craziness of this post, at this point, I'm in a rush and didn't edit. If you think I'm crazy, my mind wandering of this post will just ensure it. I guess me wanting a book deal so I wouldn't have to work again will not come from this post. I'll try harder next time.

It's not short of a miracle that the invitations are stuffed, stamped, sealed and ready to head out to the lovely homes of our guests. It was a long, and tedious process, mainly for my mom, but still.
Let's just say actually getting the stamps was the biggest issue. Let me tell you why.

First I have to say that I had the fabulous opportunity to babysit one of my FIVE nephews on Monday - why? Well because it was a great excuse to not go into work and nephew numero cinco was on his way into the world! So the day for for Dylan and I - and I have to say that we work pretty well together, we even ventured out, and one outing was to the post office.

And I will be the first to tell you, I am impressed with those moms who have it all together - because this auntie doesn't. But off we were to get 190 stamps - 61 cent stamps, and we needed 190 of them.

Dylan did pretty well for the most part, there was staring at the guy who smelled like smoke behind us, eating some dried cereal, and more staring. Then when it was about our turn, he was ready to leave. The guy that smelt like smoke wasn't interesting anymore and well the cereal was almost gone. Thank goodness for the card section that is located in the line - well done Mr. Postman, well done.
We picked, okay, well D pointed and I picked up the card I thought he was pointing at - a skinny dog sitting on a pile of books with glasses on. He loved it. And then gave it to his momma later.
Finally, our turn! We walked up to "Vickie's" space, but not after dropping a chupi (pacifier), some keys, and the card all on the floor - and of course at different times. Thank you to the man who smelt like smoke for offering to pick up the chupi.

Good afternoon Vickie, I need 190 - 61 cent stamps. And while you do that, Dylan will stare at you, and maybe wave goodbye after we leave.
Done. In and out and Dylan even waved, okay, we were out the door when he waved, but still-everyone was happy. Or so I thought.Fast forward to the rest of the day, after Mr. Caden Robert was born, all 9 lbs of him, and Dylan and I were back to Nana & Gampa's house to finish some invitations and take a mimi (That's nap for my Caucasian friends). Somehow I wish I was taking the mimi instead of Dylan, but he was the one who walked up stairs and got into the crip. Such a crip hog.
Stamping is made 10 times easier since the last wedding I had to stamp for - pretty sure it was Courtney's wedding when I had to actually lick the stamps, di-gusting. But the self adhesive type are way better.And after packing up the stamps, invites and insides, I was off to my house to finish the rest - and to make sure my mom didn't do any more since she was back to school. She lies when she says she won't finish anything, then when I come back, it's all done. That stinker.

So the stamping and stuffing part two took place at my house, while I was trying to keep Tyson and his drool, snot and hair away from all the WHITE invitations - I think he got his feelings hurt, but hey, not everyone understands that drool from a dog is love. Most people think it's gross, whatever.
That's when my anger with Mr. Postman began. "Vickie" only gave me 90 stamps. Wait, maybe they are in the car, or in my purse, did Dylan think they were stickers for his 'Big Bro' shirt? My receipt says 190, maybe I'm sitting on them.

Nope. "Vickie" did not count right.
Granted, I should not fault her because everyone knows that I am not going to be a mathematician anytime soon - I mean I can't even figure out how to tip at a restaurant (I generally over tip for all you servers out there), but that's neither here nor there - nope it's all about "Vickie" and her inability to count to 190! Grr.

Just when I thought I was finally going to be done with invitations and all that goes with them, fail. Not done.
Luckily for me, I called and spoke to fabulous Dave who rest assured me I would be able to come in and get stamps and it would not a be a problem.

Dave - you have redeemed the post office and all that is stands for. Congratulations, you will get my business again.And now ladies and gentleman, the finished product....


Okay, it's sideways and I can't figure it out, but that's 186 invitations, stuffed, stamped, sealed and ready to be delivered. So, we still have 4 more to do---ugh the additions are killing me!

But these are ready to go - and I kept Tyson from getting his drool all over them, except for the sealing part. You all don't mind that Tyson's spit helped me seal them right?
And I can't leave this post without adding the final ring bearer's picture!

1 comment:

  1. You are all over the place Caitlin... Caeden is really cute......That is all!

    ReplyDelete