Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Who's budgeting who

Counting down the wedding days also means counting the money that we are putting into our wedding. We are very lucky to have our parents help us out, but we knew that we wanted to help as well - especially since we are the bride groom.

So we've been saving money and tracking our spending and making sure we don't go shopping too much. Okay, so Tony is making sure I don't go on shopping sprees. I still don't know how those random boxes of shoes and purses show up at our door....hmmm, must be the shopping fairy.

But for the most part, I've done pretty good, and if I do have the shopping bug hit me, I try to make it reasonable, a little Target, some Old Navy maybe, and perhaps even a little Forever 27. But I also have a watch dog - and someone I have to write actual checks to. Yes, twice a month I write Tony checks for the "Wedding Fund." And this time I really do have to write checks, with my other budget watcher, my dad, and the person whom I wrote my car insurance checks too, I occasionally forgot my checkbook or would make sure I would get it next month. Not Tony - he bugs me until he forces my pen in my hand.

Anyway, I am digressing on this post and I had to remember to write it before I forgot my point.

Right. Okay, so we are on budgets and trying not to buy stuff. Something that doesn't work when someone, ahem, loses almost 30 lbs and has pants that are falling off, shirts that look like dresses and belts that are the last loop. See a previous post about how this annoys me.

And although I'm thrilled for him, he does need new clothes. I don't want to be seen with a saggy pant man walking around.

So tonight, after slaving away on invitations, Tony tells me that he has to tell me something....he just happened to go to TJ Maxx to get polos.

Um, what?

To which he started the conversation as, 'Before you say anything, I needed these for work."
(An excuse to which I also always used with my dad, church and for Chapter meetings.)

So he brought out these two polos, which he already washed and had hung.

If you know Tony, you know that he has two favorite stores: CVS and Express. If you can't find what you are looking for there, then you don't need it.

Well after a few shopping experiences at Expres, and looking at his closet, I do believe he has almost every color of polos they offer. I'm not even exaggerating....we had a conversation with the sales associate about it.

Anyway, he told me he had to get those polos because they look more professional than the Express ones. And that's when this doozy of a line came out:

"You know, when I'm rocking the Express polos casually, I can't wear them with dress pants."

Awesome.

So he bought polos to wear for work, because it's so hot out, that have a large crest on them, rather than the large "Liger" on the Express polos.

So remind me again, aren't we on a budget?

No comments:

Post a Comment