Monday, April 30, 2012

Getting the House Ready Part 2

Finally....the house is ready.  After another weekend of final house projects, including painting the dang bathroom cabinets and finding little trinkets to decorate and an attempt at some Pinterest inspired wall art - Tony and I collapsed into bed hoping everything is ready. Or at least I hope it is now - Tony still had a couple of other things to take care of this morning, which may or may not have included cleaning the kitchen, making beds and hiding anything that our stager told us to get rid of, in closest before the photographer arrived.  Luckily, he's coming this afternoon. 

Everyone, please cross your fingers that the huge green bagster (dumpster) that is hanging out in the driveway gets picked up prior to our outdoor shots.  If not, then Photoshopping magic will have to happen...as well as a mention on the listing that our house in not white trash.

Let me just say that I feel like we were in one of those home makeover shows that only give you 2 days to complete a project.  Probably because we did complete a project in two days.  One that will want us to never pick up a paint brush again. There is nothing like a large streaky cabinet that you just attempted to paint to scare the living bejeezes out of you and make you wonder if in fact your stager and realtor think this is a good idea or if they were just playing a trick on you.

Of course, it might have been the mojito at lunch that made me think the paint was streaky....then again I had confirmation from Tony after he every so subtly said, "That looks really bad. Like really bad." So it wasn't just the mojito? Dang.  Nothing another coat or seven of paint will help.

I also have a feeling the rain and the wet weather wasn't helping - so you can only imagine my joy when Tony had tried to do another coat of paint, which we were both hoping was final, before family dinner, and after it was still not dry (story of the weekend) set up a fan and asked me if I smelled smoke.

Seriously? You're asking the girl who had electrical outlets burn up in her face if she can smell smoke?  It took every ounce of me not to gather up all of our important things, Tyson and my dignity to run out of the house. Thankfully, the smell went away and all was well.

But alas, we are done...hopefully.  I'm sure there will be one final thing we have to get ready or touch up before the sign goes up. Until then, we'll continue to live like model homeowners, wiping off everything that Tyson touches, vacuuming every hour and living out of a shower caddy a la college dorm style.

So please, say your prayers for us, and for my safety.  Not for fear of something happening, but the fact that I slipped twice, yes twice, on the stairs while running around and managed to do some acrobatics on our TV console, you never know what could happen...so please, prayers for the house and for clumsiness...my guess is the clumsiness will need more prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment