Friday, March 12, 2010

Give me the address

The time has come to send out our Save-the-Dates. So we have gathered as many addresses as we can, and are still gathering some. Now, my Type A personality side is going nuts because I don't have all the names of family members, or girlfriend/boyfriends, or the number that will be there.

Breathe.

The Type B side, is saying, it's fine, I don't really need that until I send out the actual wedding invitations.

Breathe.

The good news is, almost all of them are done! Ta-Da! Ready to be stamped, licked and put in the mail box. Don't let this excitement fool you. Tony and I did have a conversation the other day that I'm sure every bride has had with their fiance, and we'll probably have again. It went a little something like this:

Tony: "Are you done yet?"
Me: "Well I could have been done faster if you had helped me, I mean I am doing this for OUR wedding."
Tony: "I told you the other day I would help you."
Me: "Yes, but you didn't offer to help tonight."

Does this remind anyone of the Breakup movie: "I want you to want to do the dishes. Why would I want to do the dishes." Hmm, we are definitely not breaking up, but I thought of that section of the movie after our conversation.

Although, I did tell him that I didn't want his help earlier, mainly for the addressing part, but I was waiting for him to do the stuffing. He will do his part later, when it comes to mailing. The only thing I don't really enjoy doing...going to the post office. I get nervous about what stamps to order, if they are going to take my debit card (at one time they didn't) and then if people are waiting behind me. It can be very traumatizing sometimes.

Anyway, the save-the-dates are almost done and I could not be more excited. It's one of the things I can check off our knot.com to-do list. Until have a list of to-dos that is telling you are behind on 54 items, the feeling of checking that box is simply amazing.

However, in the midst of this four day addressing and stuffing fun-ness, Tony and I were still debating on final guests with (*) by their name. Yes, sadly, we had to put some of those people on a question. I mean the guilt you have doing that, sits with you for about 5 minutes, and then you realize I either haven't talked to you in years, or we cannot afford to feed another face. I just really hope that none of those people find out.

And my lingering thoughts, oh geez, what if I spell their name wrong, oh no, what if I forgot someone. Ugh, the dreams I'm going to have now.

1 comment:

  1. First off how did I NOT know you had a blog? I am officially mad at you! I had to read your sisters to realize this. I have a lot of reading to catch up on this! And you can take that asterick off of Kennedie's name. Like I said before, she promises you that she won't throw up on the bride!!!

    ReplyDelete